The 2015 Human-Powered Commute Challenge has now been going strong for exactly one month. I created the HPCC a bit of a whim, and it’s cool to see what it’s turned into!
A few stats:
- Total distance commuted by human power, one month into the HPC = 2,683 miles(!!)
- Number of participants = 27
- Current bike commute leader = Martha W., with 841 points. Martha also has the longest ride, a 101.5 mile coffeeneuring trip to Mazama!
- Current run commute leader = Me with 18 points. However, Gabrielle O. is right behind me with 17 points. Someone could easily knock us off the top by running to work on a rainy day! Hint, hint…
- Current walk commute leader: = Laura H. with 50.5 points. Killin’ it!
Some fun notes and photos from the HPC log:
“Walked Hazel to school while she rode her bike. Uphill. With a time deadline (the bell). Did I mention it was uphill? And she’s 6? I had to push her every 30 ft or so. She suggested it’d be easier tomorrow if I drove up the hill, then she rode the last 3 blocks to school, which are flat.” -Christie S.
“I walked to the bar the other day – I’m assuming that counts!!” -Christie S.
“When i stopped to get coffee one my way into work, a woman shouted “Rainbow Dash!” Which was my RAGNAR relay name. I didn’t even know her. That made my day special 🙂 Yeah Mondays!” -Michelle Johnson
“The Prezi is in TOWN! Woot! It’s raining! The roads are going to be crazy for all those crazy drivers which is why I’m biking again. WEEEEEEE! Driving is for suckers!” -Michelle Johnson